Sparks hire Danita Johnson from Clippers as team president
- Dallas Wings star Liz Cambage asks to be traded
- AP Source: Dallas star Liz Cambage asks to be traded
- AP sources: Nets minority owner agrees to buy WNBA's Liberty
- Status of Lynx star Maya Moore for '19 WNBA season uncertain
- AP sources: Moore, Charles given franchise tags
- Cronan, Penicheiro among Women's Hall of Fame finalists
- WNBA coaches, GMs tab McCowan for top pick in mock draft
- AP source: Nets minority owner's group nearing Liberty deal
- Mercury fire assistant coach after domestic violence charge
- Sparks hire Danita Johnson from Clippers as team president
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired Danita Johnson as president and chief operation officer in her second stint with the WNBA team.
She previously worked as the team's senior vice president. Johnson most recently was director of business operations for the Los Angeles Clippers, overseeing their G League affiliate.
Johnson replaces Christine Simmons, who became chief operating officer of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences last month.
The team said Monday that Johnson helped increase ticket sales by 50 percent during her earlier job with the Sparks.
Johnson has also worked for the Phoenix Suns, Tulsa Shock and Washington Mystics during her 14 years in professional basketball.
Updated January 7, 2019