WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry returning to Atlanta Dream
- LA Sparks re-sign veteran guard-forward Alana Beard
- LA Sparks sign forward Ashley Walker
- Lynx star Maya Moore to skip '19 WNBA season
- Lynx re-sign star Seimone Augustus for 14th season
- Sparks re-sign guard Karlie Samuelson
- Nets minority owner buys WNBA's Liberty
- Dallas Wings star Liz Cambage asks to be traded
- AP Source: Dallas star Liz Cambage asks to be traded
- AP sources: Nets minority owner agrees to buy WNBA's Liberty
- Status of Lynx star Maya Moore for '19 WNBA season uncertain
ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Dream have announced that WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry will return to the team for the 2018 season.
The Dream on Thursday said McCoughtry has signed a multi-year contract with the Atlanta franchise.
McCoughtry was drafted No. 1 overall by the Dream in the 2009 WNBRA draft, and is the team's all-time leading scorer. She has a career-average of 19.5 points per game. She's also a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist.
The Dream said in the statement that McCoughtry decided to sit out the 2017 season to rest her body, but looks forward to rejoining her teammates this year.
This will be the 11th season for the Dream, which will play its home games in McCamish Pavilion on Georgia Tech's campus in midtown Atlanta.
Updated February 8, 2018