WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry returning to Atlanta Dream
- LA moves to top of AP WNBA power poll after win vs Lynx
- Aces face Mystics after getting doors blown off in opener
- Sparks flying after opening win over defending champs
- WNBA's opening weekend highlighted by finals rematch
- Griner has 29 points and 10 boards, Mercury beat Storm 87-82
- Quigley scores 22 to help Sky beat Liberty 80-76
- Gray's shot lifts Sparks past Lynx 77-76 in finals rematch
- Tolliver, Delle Donne lead Mystics to 82-75 win over Fever
- Diggins-Smith, Cambage lead Wings past Dream, 101-78
- Thomas' double-double helps Sun cruise past Aces, 101-65
ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Dream have announced that WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry will return to the team for the 2018 season.
The Dream on Thursday said McCoughtry has signed a multi-year contract with the Atlanta franchise.
McCoughtry was drafted No. 1 overall by the Dream in the 2009 WNBRA draft, and is the team's all-time leading scorer. She has a career-average of 19.5 points per game. She's also a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist.
The Dream said in the statement that McCoughtry decided to sit out the 2017 season to rest her body, but looks forward to rejoining her teammates this year.
This will be the 11th season for the Dream, which will play its home games in McCamish Pavilion on Georgia Tech's campus in midtown Atlanta.
Updated February 8, 2018