WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry returning to Atlanta Dream
- Cloud hits winner at buzzer, Mystics top Sparks 69-67
- Griner, Taurasi lead Mercury over Dream 104-95
- Stewart has double-double, Storm secure top seed in playoffs
- Cambage has 43 points, Wings clinch final WNBA playoff spot
- Jonquel Jones hits 5 3s, Sun ease by Lynx 96-79
- Sky, Fever wrap up season with home-and-home
- Lynx-Sun meeting could be playoff preview
- Storm clinch top playoff seed with win over Liberty
- Dream look to keep rolling at Phoenix without McCoughtry
- Aces, Wings both on bubble ahead of battle
ATLANTA (AP) The Atlanta Dream have announced that WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry will return to the team for the 2018 season.
The Dream on Thursday said McCoughtry has signed a multi-year contract with the Atlanta franchise.
McCoughtry was drafted No. 1 overall by the Dream in the 2009 WNBRA draft, and is the team's all-time leading scorer. She has a career-average of 19.5 points per game. She's also a two-time Olympic Gold Medalist.
The Dream said in the statement that McCoughtry decided to sit out the 2017 season to rest her body, but looks forward to rejoining her teammates this year.
This will be the 11th season for the Dream, which will play its home games in McCamish Pavilion on Georgia Tech's campus in midtown Atlanta.
Updated February 8, 2018