Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- The Latest: Nigeria gets 1st World Cup win, tops Turkey
- Stewart, Wilson propel US to 100-88 win over China
- The Latest: Spain pulls away from Puerto Rico in second half
- The Latest: Miyazawa keys Japan's 77-75 OT win over Belgium
- The Latest: Nurse's huge run helps Canada beat South Korea
- Second day of FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup set to begin
- The Latest: Belgium routs Puerto Rico 86-36 in World Cup
- US beats Senegal 87-67 in World Cup opener
- The Latest: Spain holds off Japan 84-70 in World Cup
- The Latest: US beats Senegal 87-67 in World Cup
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Lynx have signed coach Cheryl Reeve to a multiyear contract extension and made her general manager of the four-time WNBA champions.
Reeve's record in eight seasons with the Lynx is 195-77, winning titles in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. During the 11 years before Reeve's arrival, the Lynx made the playoffs only twice.
Her .715 career winning percentage is the highest in WNBA history.
The Lynx also announced multiyear contract extensions with assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Walt Hopkins on Thursday. The team promoted basketball operations manager Clare Duwelius to assistant GM.
Executive vice president Roger Griffith previously held the role of general manager. Reeve becomes the sixth dual coach/GM in the league.
Updated December 28, 2017