Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- 'Short but sweet' search lands Fisher as coach of LA Sparks
- Derek Fisher hired to coach WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- Brian Agler resigns as coach of WNBA's Los Angeles Sparks
- WNBA coaches, GMs tab McCowan for top pick in mock draft
- A year later, the New York Liberty still for sale
- Lynx assistant James Wade hired as Chicago Sky coach
- A'ja Wilson returns home to rehab minor knee injury
- AP Source: Lynx assistant Wade hired as Chicago Sky coach
- WNBA cut short labor contract after 2019 season
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Lynx have signed coach Cheryl Reeve to a multiyear contract extension and made her general manager of the four-time WNBA champions.
Reeve's record in eight seasons with the Lynx is 195-77, winning titles in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. During the 11 years before Reeve's arrival, the Lynx made the playoffs only twice.
Her .715 career winning percentage is the highest in WNBA history.
The Lynx also announced multiyear contract extensions with assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Walt Hopkins on Thursday. The team promoted basketball operations manager Clare Duwelius to assistant GM.
Executive vice president Roger Griffith previously held the role of general manager. Reeve becomes the sixth dual coach/GM in the league.
Updated December 28, 2017