Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- Tina Charles given franchise tag by the New York Liberty
- A mock WNBA draft chosen by panel of league's coaches, GMs
- Holdsclaw leads Women's Basketball Hall of Fame finalists
- Reeve, Agler, Hughes chosen court coaches at training camp
- Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- Bird, Taurasi headline US women's hoops national team pool
- Hamby suspended 3 months by Italian league for incident
- Las Vegas' WNBA franchise to be known as the Aces
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Lynx have signed coach Cheryl Reeve to a multiyear contract extension and made her general manager of the four-time WNBA champions.
Reeve's record in eight seasons with the Lynx is 195-77, winning titles in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. During the 11 years before Reeve's arrival, the Lynx made the playoffs only twice.
Her .715 career winning percentage is the highest in WNBA history.
The Lynx also announced multiyear contract extensions with assistant coaches Shelley Patterson and Walt Hopkins on Thursday. The team promoted basketball operations manager Clare Duwelius to assistant GM.
Executive vice president Roger Griffith previously held the role of general manager. Reeve becomes the sixth dual coach/GM in the league.
Updated December 28, 2017