Diana Taurasi breaks WNBA career scoring record
- Mercury, Lynx try to address health concerns
- Wings' Glory Johnson suspended 1 game for throwing punch
- Chasing top spot, Sparks host Stars
- Fever lose guard Briann January to season-ending knee injury
- Liberty host Unity Game with Minnesota Lynx
- Stewart leads Storm to 103-66 win over Sky
- Liberty beat Lynx 70-61 to clinch spot in WNBA playoffs
- Mystics beat Fever 87-82, clinch playoff berth
- Liberty use fourth quarter burst to beat Lynx 70-61
- Jones, Thomas lead Sun to 94-66 win over Mercury
LOS ANGELES (AP) Diana Taurasi became the WNBA's career scorer leader, passing Tina Thompson's mark of 7,488 on Sunday against Los Angeles.
Taurasi needed 14 points coming into the game, and broke Thompson's record late in the first half on a layup with the Phoenix Mercury trailing big.
The game was stopped and the crowd, which included former Lakers star Kobe Bryant, gave Taurasi a warm ovation.
It only took the Mercury's star 13 seasons to become the league's top scorer. Thompson needed 17 seasons to achieve her total.
Earlier in the season, Taurasi set the career 3-pointer record, passing Katie Smith.
Updated June 18, 2017