Diana Taurasi breaks WNBA career scoring record
- Ogwumike, Sparks spoil Fever's Catchings night 84-73.
- Winless Stars face tall task at league-best Lynx
- Slow-rising Sky vie for elusive home win vs. Mystics
- Sun, Wings square off in matchup of surging teams
- Liberty to have a float in New York pride parade
- Sky hit late free throws to hold off Dream 82-78
- Moore scores 18 of 22 points in 1st half, Lynx beat Mystics
- Griner has 9th career dunk, helps Mercury top Storm 85-82
- Diggins-Smith hits franchise record 7 3s, Wings beat Stars
- Sun blow 21-point lead before beating Liberty 94-89
LOS ANGELES (AP) Diana Taurasi became the WNBA's career scorer leader, passing Tina Thompson's mark of 7,488 on Sunday against Los Angeles.
Taurasi needed 14 points coming into the game, and broke Thompson's record late in the first half on a layup with the Phoenix Mercury trailing big.
The game was stopped and the crowd, which included former Lakers star Kobe Bryant, gave Taurasi a warm ovation.
It only took the Mercury's star 13 seasons to become the league's top scorer. Thompson needed 17 seasons to achieve her total.
Earlier in the season, Taurasi set the career 3-pointer record, passing Katie Smith.
Updated June 18, 2017