Diana Taurasi breaks WNBA career scoring record
- Tina Charles given franchise tag by the New York Liberty
- A mock WNBA draft chosen by panel of league's coaches, GMs
- Holdsclaw leads Women's Basketball Hall of Fame finalists
- Reeve, Agler, Hughes chosen court coaches at training camp
- Lynx give coach Cheryl Reeve contract extension, GM duties
- Bird, Taurasi headline US women's hoops national team pool
- Hamby suspended 3 months by Italian league for incident
- Las Vegas' WNBA franchise to be known as the Aces
LOS ANGELES (AP) Diana Taurasi became the WNBA's career scorer leader, passing Tina Thompson's mark of 7,488 on Sunday against Los Angeles.
Taurasi needed 14 points coming into the game, and broke Thompson's record late in the first half on a layup with the Phoenix Mercury trailing big.
The game was stopped and the crowd, which included former Lakers star Kobe Bryant, gave Taurasi a warm ovation.
It only took the Mercury's star 13 seasons to become the league's top scorer. Thompson needed 17 seasons to achieve her total.
Earlier in the season, Taurasi set the career 3-pointer record, passing Katie Smith.
Updated June 18, 2017