Tamika Catchings returns to Indiana with front office job
- Liberty coach Laimbeer: Shoni Schimmel taking time off
- Cambage returns to Australia's WNBL with Melbourne Boomers
- WNBA training camps set to open
- Sun's Ogwumike gets extension while recovering from surgery
- Sun sign Chiney Ogwumike to contract extension
- Plum happy to be in San Antonio and playing for Stars
- WNBA star Tina Charles visits 4 NY schools to donate AEDs
- Basketball Australia hires Brondello as Opals head coach
- Tamika Catchings returns to Indiana with front office job
- McCoughtry, Ogwumike lead Dynamo Kursk to EuroLeague title
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) Tamika Catchings is returning to Indiana - as director of player programs and franchise development.
The longtime WNBA star retired at the end of last season after a 16-year career that included 10 All-Star selections, one WNBA championship, one league MVP award and four Olympic gold medals.
Catchings will work with three different franchises - the Indiana Fever, who she played with, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants of the NBA's D-League and the Indiana Pacers.
The 37-year-old Catchings will be asked to help build chemistry and continuity among players and recruit free agents for the Fever and Mad Ants and will assist with community outreach programs for all three franchises.
Updated April 17, 2017