LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- Liberty host Unity Game with Minnesota Lynx
- Stewart leads Storm to 103-66 win over Sky
- Liberty beat Lynx 70-61 to clinch spot in WNBA playoffs
- Mystics beat Fever 87-82, clinch playoff berth
- Liberty use fourth quarter burst to beat Lynx 70-61
- Jones, Thomas lead Sun to 94-66 win over Mercury
- Minnesota's Plenette Pierson to retire after season
- Glory Johnson leads Wings past Dream, 90-86
- Stewart scores 22 points, Storm escape with 79-78 win
- Ogwumike, Parker lead Sparks in 115-106 2OT win over Sky
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017