LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- Correction: Lynx-Wright story
- Minnesota Lynx sign guard Tanisha Wright
- WNBA draft to be held April 12 in New York
- Phoenix acquires Briann January and trades Danielle Robinson
- NBA academies to include top female players camps
- Cambage happy to be back in the WNBA
- Taurasi ready for final go-round with USA Basketball
- WNBA All-Star Angel McCoughtry returning to Atlanta Dream
- APNewsBreak: Dolan, Garden keeping WNBA's Liberty for now
- 6-foot-8 Liz Cambage back in WNBA, playing for Dallas Wings
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017