LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- San Antonio Stars moving to Las Vegas, bought by MGM Resorts
- Katie Smith named coach of the New York Liberty
- Some players learn of Stars sale halfway around the world
- AP source: Katie Smith next coach of the New York Liberty
- AP source: Laimbeer to be Stars' coach, GM after relocation
- AP source: WNBA's Stars negotiating sale to Las Vegas buyer
- 2 WNBA players denied visas into Turkey with Russian team
- WNBA saw postseason increases in attendance and viewers
- Parade, rally held for WNBA champion Minnesota Lynx
- Lynx earn 4th WNBA title in 7 seasons with win vs Sparks
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017