LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- Diggins-Smith hits franchise record 7 3s, Wings beat Stars
- Moore scores 18 of 22 points in 1st half, Lynx beat Mystics
- Sun blow 21-point lead before beating Liberty 94-89
- Sky hit late free throws to hold off Dream 82-78
- Fever aim to honor Catchings with win vs. Sparks
- Indiana to retire Tamika Catchings' jersey on Saturday
- Liberty's Brittany Boyd on road back after Achilles injury
- Taurasi, Phoenix storm into Seattle
- Mercury's Taurasi adds to resume with WNBA scoring mark
- WNBA brings back 3-point contest to All-Star Game
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017