LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- Bird, Taurasi headline US women's hoops national team pool
- Hamby suspended 3 months by Italian league for incident
- Las Vegas' WNBA franchise to be known as the Aces
- WNBA allows teams to trade consecutive 1st-round draft picks
- WNBA President expects Liberty to stay in New York
- WNBA receives 'A' on race and gender report card
- James Dolan looking to sell New York Liberty after 21 years
- Jackpot! Las Vegas wins WNBA draft lottery
- Las Vegas wins WNBA draft lottery
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017