LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- Hayes scores 22 point, leads Dream to 81-63 win vs Sky
- Wings start road trip against frustrated Lynx
- Storm look for redemption vs. Mercury
- Delle Donne scores 23, Mystics top Aces 75-70
- Shorthanded Sparks keep Fever winless, 87-70
- LA moves to top of AP WNBA power poll after win vs Lynx
- WNBA's opening weekend highlighted by finals rematch
- Griner has 29 points and 10 boards, Mercury beat Storm 87-82
- Quigley scores 22 to help Sky beat Liberty 80-76
- Gray's shot lifts Sparks past Lynx 77-76 in finals rematch
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017