LA Sparks hire former Wisconsin coach Kelsey as assistant
- Liberty coach Laimbeer: Shoni Schimmel taking time off
- Cambage returns to Australia's WNBL with Melbourne Boomers
- WNBA training camps set to open
- Sun's Ogwumike gets extension while recovering from surgery
- Sun sign Chiney Ogwumike to contract extension
- Plum happy to be in San Antonio and playing for Stars
- WNBA star Tina Charles visits 4 NY schools to donate AEDs
- Basketball Australia hires Brondello as Opals head coach
- Tamika Catchings returns to Indiana with front office job
- McCoughtry, Ogwumike lead Dynamo Kursk to EuroLeague title
LOS ANGELES (AP) The Los Angeles Sparks have hired former Wisconsin women's coach Bobbie Kelsey as an assistant.
Kelsey was fired last year after going 47-100 during five years with the Badgers. She had been working at the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County in Madison.
Sparks coach Brian Agler said Monday that Kelsey's duties with the Sparks will involve game preparation and practice.
Kelsey played at Stanford and spent three years as an assistant at Virginia Tech before returning to her alma mater as an assistant. She was hired at Wisconsin in 2011.
The Sparks open the WNBA season May 13.
Updated April 3, 2017