Shock sign 6-foot-5 center Chanel Mokango
- Fever lose guard Erin Phillips with knee injury
- Jay-Z's sports agency buys Diggins a new Benz
- Prince to miss a few weeks to play for Russia
- Sun's Lawson wins WNBA's Dawn Staley Award
- ACL tears behind her, Gemelos chases place in WNBA
- Cambage reverses course, will play for Shock
- Basketball Australia hires Joyce as women's coach
- Griner learns skyhook from Abdul-Jabbar
- Mystics defeat Brazilian national team 71-56
- Mystics sign free agent Jessica Moore
TULSA, Okla. (AP) Free agent center Chanel Mokango has signed with the Tulsa Shock.
Mokango was the ninth overall pick of the 2010 draft and appeared in 21 games for the Los Angeles Sparks that year. She totaled nine points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocks on the season.
She did not play in the WNBA last season.
New Tulsa coach Gary Kloppenburg said in the team's announcement Monday that he envisions the 6-foot-5 Mokango developing into a version of the Oklahoma City Thunder's Serge Ibaka, who leads the NBA in blocked shots.
Mokango played two seasons at Mississippi State.
Updated March 5, 2012