Mystics send Anosike to Sparks for 2 players
- Lawson scores 23 as Sun top Liberty
- Hayes, Lyttle help Dream beat Diggins, Shock
- Lawson leads Sun to win over Liberty in opener
- Seattle's Sue Bird optimistic after knee surgery
- Storm-Sparks Preview
- Fever top Silver Stars to open WNBA title defense
- WNBA Preview Capsules
- Tulsa makes final cut, waiving Courtney Paris
- Steady and sure, Silver Stars slide into new year
- Sky is the limit for Chicago, Delle Donne
WASHINGTON (AP) The Washington Mystics have acquired guard Natasha Lacy and forward LaToya Pringle Sanders from the Sparks in a trade that sends center Nicky Anosike to Los Angeles.
Lacy, who is currently playing in Turkey, averaged 5.0 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.7 assists in the WNBA last season, while Sanders averaged 3.9 points and 2.4 rebounds.
Anosike averaged 9.6 points and 7.1 rebounds last season for Washington.
The deal was announced Thursday.
The Sparks also signed point guard Sharnee Zoll to a free agent contract. She has played in Europe the last four seasons, including the last two in Poland with current Sparks center Jantel Lavender.
Zoll was a three-time All-ACC selection at Virginia, where she broke Dawn Staley's school and league record for career assists.
Updated February 23, 2012