|5:00 PM PT6:00 PM MT7:00 PM CT8:00 PM ET0:00 GMT8:00 5:00 PM MST7:00 PM EST4:00 UAE (+1)02:0020:00 ET7:00 PM CTNaN:� , June 5, 2018
McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Georgia Attendance: 2,830
Hayes scores 22, Dream hand Sun 1st loss of season
- Aces continue playoff surge versus Liberty
- Gray scores career-high 26, Sparks beat Liberty 74-66
- Mystics focused on second place as they travel to Indiana
- Vandersloot sets a WNBA assist record, Sky beat Lynx 91-88
- Jones scores 27, Sun hand Wings 9th straight loss
- WNBA set for wild dash to regular season finish
- Lynx star, Minnesota legend: Whalen to retire from WNBA
- Dallas Wings coach Fred Williams out after 8th straight loss
- Mystics win 6th straight 93-80 over Wings
- Bonner, Taurasi lead Mercury over Sparks 86-78
ATLANTA (AP) Tiffany Hayes scored 22 points, Damiris Dantas added 15 and the Atlanta Dream beat Connecticut 82-77 on Tuesday night for the Sun's first loss of the season.
Angel McCoughtry made a long jumper with 37.7 seconds remaining to extend Atlanta's lead to 76-69. After Shekinna Stricklen sank a 3-pointer at the other end, the Dream hit four straight free throws to seal it.
McCoughtry finished with 11 points for Atlanta (3-3), which is 16-4 all-time against Connecticut at home. Renee Montgomery chipped in with 12 points.
Alyssa Thomas had 19 points, 17 rebounds and six assists for Connecticut (5-1), which was off to its best start in franchise history. Chiney Ogwumike added 12 points and nine boards, Alex Bentley also scored 12 and Courtney Williams had 11 points and nine rebounds.
Connecticut, which entered scoring 100-plus points in three of its first five games, was held to 36.6 percent shooting from the floor.
Updated June 5, 2018