Baylor women dismiss point guard Alexis Morris from the team
Womens College Headlines
- Slocum scores 22, No. 8 Oregon State women beat St. Mary's
- Bello, No. 25 Minnesota women rally, beat San Diego 53-48
- No. 13 Iowa women beat NC Central 106-39
- Collier helps No. 2 UConn rout Vanderbilt 80-42
- Young leads No. 1 Notre Dame women past No. 15 DePaul 101-77
- Green Bay women beat No. 16 Missouri for first win of season
- Williams scores 21 in No. 7 Stanford's 96-62 win over Dons
- Mompremier leads No. 24 Miami women over No. 19 Marquette
- Howard leads No. 6 Mississippi St past Lamar 104-53
- No. 21 South Florida women beat Bethune-Cookman 88-39
WACO, Texas (AP) Baylor has dismissed sophomore point guard Alexis Morris from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Coach Kim Mulkey released a statement Tuesday that said Morris was no longer on the team, and that the move was effective immediately. The school didn't offer any details.
After senior Kristy Wallace's knee injury in the regular-season finale, Morris became the starting point guard. The Big 12 champion Lady Bears made it to the NCAA Sweet 16 for the 10th year in a row.
Morris scored in double figures in the last five games, including a season-high 19 points against Texas in the Big 12 tournament championship game. She started eight of her 32 games as a freshman, averaging 9.1 points, 3.4 assists and 2.9 rebounds a game.
Updated September 11, 2018