Baylor women dismiss point guard Alexis Morris from the team
Womens College Headlines
- Women's basketball teams honor cancer survivors
- Goth leads K-State women to upset over No. 15 Texas, 69-60
- No. 19 ASU women finish with 20-0 run to beat Utah by 2
- Hof rallies No. 20 Miami to 79-73 win No. 2 Louisville
- Smith hits layup to lift No. 10 Stanford over USC 69-67
- Nebraska women start fast, top No. 24 Michigan State 82-71
- Collier leads No. 4 UConn to rout of UCF
- Espinoza-Hunter leads No. 5 Mississippi State over A&M 92-64
- No. 16 Syracuse women beat Wake Forest 77-57
- Gustafson, No. 14 Iowa beat No. 7 Maryland 86-73
WACO, Texas (AP) Baylor has dismissed sophomore point guard Alexis Morris from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Coach Kim Mulkey released a statement Tuesday that said Morris was no longer on the team, and that the move was effective immediately. The school didn't offer any details.
After senior Kristy Wallace's knee injury in the regular-season finale, Morris became the starting point guard. The Big 12 champion Lady Bears made it to the NCAA Sweet 16 for the 10th year in a row.
Morris scored in double figures in the last five games, including a season-high 19 points against Texas in the Big 12 tournament championship game. She started eight of her 32 games as a freshman, averaging 9.1 points, 3.4 assists and 2.9 rebounds a game.
Updated September 11, 2018