Beatrice Mompremier leaving Baylor women after 2 seasons
Womens College Headlines
- No. 7 Tennessee beats Long Beach State 90-61 to reach 11-0
- Ionescu's triple-double leads No. 9 Oregon past Mississippi
- No. 3 Louisville routs Kentucky 87-63 in Bluegrass rivalry
- Billings helps No. 11 UCLA women beat Seton Hall 77-68
- Wilson, No. 4 South Carolina women beat Savannah St 99-38
- Calhoun, Mitchell lead No. 12 Ohio State women, 87-76
- McCowan leads No. 5 Mississippi State past Maine, 83-43
- Gustafson leads No. 25 Iowa women to 71-47 victory
- Flores scores 19, No. 22 USF women defeat FIU 82-52
- Shepard scores 39, No. 2 Notre Dame women beat DePaul 91-82
WACO, Texas (AP) Beatrice Mompremier is leaving the Baylor basketball team after two seasons.
Baylor said Tuesday that Mompremier has been granted her release, which will allow the 6-foot-4 post player from Miami to transfer and play at another school.
Mompremier averaged 8.3 points and 6.5 rebounds in 32 games this season as the Lady Bears made it to the NCAA Elite Eight for the fourth year in a row.
Her departure came four days after Baylor said sophomore guard Alyssa Dry and redshirt freshman Alexandria Gulley, neither of them who played regularly, wouldn't return to the team. Gulley is staying at Baylor on a medical scholarship.
Updated April 19, 2017