Beatrice Mompremier leaving Baylor women after 2 seasons
Womens College Headlines
- Guard Diamond DeShields turning pro, bypasses final season
- South Carolina women's hoops team gets back to work
- Oral Roberts women's basketball player found dead in dorm
- Georgetown names James Howard women's hoops coach
- Maryland's Leslie to play at NC State as graduate transfer
- Margaret Hutson, who preceded Pat Summitt at Tennessee, dies
- Women's national champion Gamecocks to play games in Japan
- Tennessee guard Cooper says she is heading to South Carolina
- Moody, Iowa State settle discrimination suit for $60,000
- Women's national hoops champs pick up Penn State guard
WACO, Texas (AP) Beatrice Mompremier is leaving the Baylor basketball team after two seasons.
Baylor said Tuesday that Mompremier has been granted her release, which will allow the 6-foot-4 post player from Miami to transfer and play at another school.
Mompremier averaged 8.3 points and 6.5 rebounds in 32 games this season as the Lady Bears made it to the NCAA Elite Eight for the fourth year in a row.
Her departure came four days after Baylor said sophomore guard Alyssa Dry and redshirt freshman Alexandria Gulley, neither of them who played regularly, wouldn't return to the team. Gulley is staying at Baylor on a medical scholarship.
Updated April 19, 2017