Beatrice Mompremier leaving Baylor women after 2 seasons
Womens College Headlines
- Notre Dame gunning for second straight Elite Eight
- Oregon aims to dispatch upstart Central Michigan
- UConn stays in the moment, focuses on Duke
- Staley fends off Virginia rumors, prepares South Carolina for Buffalo
- Wolfpack relish ride to Sweet 16 matchup vs Mississippi St
- No. 4 Stanford seeks to topple another NCAA top seed
- Buffalo women take lead from bold, boisterous Legette-Jack
- UConn's Auriemma criticizes Cincinnati's coach firing
- Carter's shot propels Texas A&M women into the Sweet 16
- Challenged post player helps Baylor women to Sweet 16 again
WACO, Texas (AP) Beatrice Mompremier is leaving the Baylor basketball team after two seasons.
Baylor said Tuesday that Mompremier has been granted her release, which will allow the 6-foot-4 post player from Miami to transfer and play at another school.
Mompremier averaged 8.3 points and 6.5 rebounds in 32 games this season as the Lady Bears made it to the NCAA Elite Eight for the fourth year in a row.
Her departure came four days after Baylor said sophomore guard Alyssa Dry and redshirt freshman Alexandria Gulley, neither of them who played regularly, wouldn't return to the team. Gulley is staying at Baylor on a medical scholarship.
Updated April 19, 2017