Beatrice Mompremier leaving Baylor women after 2 seasons
Womens College Headlines
- Staley says Cuevas-Moore planning to stay at South Carolina
- Cal fires athletic department employee after investigation
- Ex-Clemson scoring leader Perry joins South Carolina, Staley
- Former BC player Clare Droesch dies after 6-year cancer bout
- South Carolina plans statue of hoops star A'ja Wilson
- Chattanooga's Jim Foster retires, ends career with 903 wins
- Natalie Chou will transfer from Big 12 champion Baylor
- DePaul extends Bruno's contract through 2023-24
- Shot taker: Ogunbowale set for Dancing With the Stars
- Vermont women's basketball coach resigns amid investigation
WACO, Texas (AP) Beatrice Mompremier is leaving the Baylor basketball team after two seasons.
Baylor said Tuesday that Mompremier has been granted her release, which will allow the 6-foot-4 post player from Miami to transfer and play at another school.
Mompremier averaged 8.3 points and 6.5 rebounds in 32 games this season as the Lady Bears made it to the NCAA Elite Eight for the fourth year in a row.
Her departure came four days after Baylor said sophomore guard Alyssa Dry and redshirt freshman Alexandria Gulley, neither of them who played regularly, wouldn't return to the team. Gulley is staying at Baylor on a medical scholarship.
Updated April 19, 2017