Erin Boley, Ali Patberg to transfer from Notre Dame
Womens College Headlines
- Notre Dame gunning for second straight Elite Eight
- Oregon aims to dispatch upstart Central Michigan
- UConn stays in the moment, focuses on Duke
- Staley fends off Virginia rumors, prepares South Carolina for Buffalo
- Wolfpack relish ride to Sweet 16 matchup vs Mississippi St
- No. 4 Stanford seeks to topple another NCAA top seed
- Buffalo women take lead from bold, boisterous Legette-Jack
- UConn's Auriemma criticizes Cincinnati's coach firing
- Carter's shot propels Texas A&M women into the Sweet 16
- Challenged post player helps Baylor women to Sweet 16 again
By Associated Press
NOTRE DAME, Ind. (AP) Erin Boley and Ali Patberg will transfer from the Notre Dame women's basketball program.
Boley was the 2016 Gatorade National Player of the Year and a McDonald's All-American as a high school senior. The 6-foot-2 forward played in 37 games with 10 starts last season and averaged 6.5 points and 2.8 rebounds in 15.0 minutes. She shot 39.5 percent from 3-point range, where her 119 attempts were the third most on the team.
Boley saw her role increase after All-American Brianna Turner went down with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Patberg missed the 2015-16 season with a torn ACL after being named the 2015 MaxPreps National High School Player of the Year as a senior. The 5-10 guard played in 22 games last season and averaged 0.8 points in 7.7 minutes.
Notre Dame lost to Stanford in the NCAA Tournament regional final.
Updated April 10, 2017