Erin Boley, Ali Patberg to transfer from Notre Dame
Womens College Headlines
- New USC women's coach Mark Trakh hires assistant coaches
- Belmont hires Bart Brooks as new women's basketball coach
- Louisville starter Mariya Moore will transfer from program
- Alexa Middleton leaves Lady Vols, intends to transfer
- USC brings back Mark Trakh as women's basketball coach
- Florida State signs junior college forward Hatty Nawezhi
- Briann January joins ASU women's basketball staff
- Louisville's Walz to head new Under-23 USA Basketball team
- Beatrice Mompremier leaving Baylor women after 2 seasons
- Washington hires Jody Wynn as women's basketball coach
By Associated Press
NOTRE DAME, Ind. (AP) Erin Boley and Ali Patberg will transfer from the Notre Dame women's basketball program.
Boley was the 2016 Gatorade National Player of the Year and a McDonald's All-American as a high school senior. The 6-foot-2 forward played in 37 games with 10 starts last season and averaged 6.5 points and 2.8 rebounds in 15.0 minutes. She shot 39.5 percent from 3-point range, where her 119 attempts were the third most on the team.
Boley saw her role increase after All-American Brianna Turner went down with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Patberg missed the 2015-16 season with a torn ACL after being named the 2015 MaxPreps National High School Player of the Year as a senior. The 5-10 guard played in 22 games last season and averaged 0.8 points in 7.7 minutes.
Notre Dame lost to Stanford in the NCAA Tournament regional final.
Updated April 10, 2017