Lindstrom, No. 25 Green Bay women beat Cleveland State 69-43
Womens College Headlines
- Mississippi State picked to win SEC women's basketball title
- Peck leaves Vanderbilt staff, returning to broadcasting
- Notre Dame roster loaded for run at another women's title
- Oregon women picked to repeat as Pac-12 champions
- Vandy staff adds Women's Basketball Hall of Famer DeMoss
- Iowa State eager for freshman Joens brings to court
- Yale women's basketball coach Allison Guth signs extension
- Staley switches from US team to college mode with Gamecocks
- ND, Louisville enter as teams to beat in ACC women's hoops
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) Jessica Lindstrom scored 16 points, on 7-of-12 shooting, grabbed eight rebounds and had four assists to help No. 25 Green Bay beat Cleveland State 69-43 on Saturday.
Karly Murphy had 10 points and Jen Wellnitz added six with a career-high nine assists for Green Bay (14-2, 4-1 Horizon League). The Phoenix have won three in a row and 10 of their last 11.
Allie LeClaire's jumper sparked an 11-2 opening run for Green Bay before Frankie Wurtz and Lindstrom back-to-back 3s to make it 17-3 at the end of the first quarter. LeClaire scored five points during a 13-0 run that pushed the lead to 26 points with three minutes left in the first half and Cleveland State trailed by at least 19 the rest of the way.
Jade Ely led the Vikings (11-6, 3-3) with 17 points and Khayla Livingston scored 11. Cleveland State had just three assists and set season lows for field goals (12), field-goal percentage (26.1) and 3-point field-goal percentage (18.2).
Updated January 13, 2018