Devils' Michael McLeod has arthroscopic knee surgery
- Free-agent Tavares to talk to 5 teams
- 'Canes get D Hamilton in 5-player deal
- Russian Kovalchuk back in NHL with Kings
- Avs ink Grubauer for 3 yrs., waive Orpik
- British LW Kirk makes history at draft
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) New Jersey Devils forward Michael McLeod had arthroscopic surgery Thursday to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee.
Injured Sept. 25 in an exhibition game against the New York Islanders, McLeod is expected to be sidelined 4-6 weeks.
The 19-year-old McLeod, drafted 12th overall in 2016, had 27 goals and 46 assists in 57 regular-season games for Mississauga last season in the Ontario Hockey League.
For more NHL coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/NHLhockey
Updated October 12, 2017