Gerrit Cole goes to arbitration with Astros
- Twins sign UT Gonzalez for 2 years, $21M
- Padres not ruling out more big signings
- Reds' Gray scratched from spring debut
- Red Sox coping with Cafardo's death
- Openers underway in Florida, Arizona
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) Pitcher Gerrit Cole has gone to arbitration with the Houston Astros, asking to be given $13.5 million rather than the team's offer of $11,425,000.
Cole made $6.75 million last year, when he earned his second All-Star selection and went 15-5 with a 2.88 ERA. He earned $6.75 million.
Arbitrators Gil Vernon, Steven Wolf and Walt De Treux heard the case Monday and are expected to decide later this week.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated February 11, 2019