Cubs, Maddon ready to 'Embrace the Suck' for charity
- Dodgers' Turner bruises thumb from HPB
- Sale 1st in AL with 300 Ks since 1999
- Judge hits No. 45 as Yanks sweep Twins
- Indians beat Angels for 26th win in 27
- Stanton hits 56th HR, Marlins sweep Mets
CHICAGO (AP) Manager Joe Maddon and the Chicago Cubs are ready to "Embrace the Suck" for charity this season.
Maddon and the Cubs unveiled on Friday the olive green T-shirts sporting the slogan, a playful nod to the defending champions' uneven play this season. It adds a charitable component involving the military.
"Embrace the Suck" combines two of his favorite terms - "Embrace the Target" and "Try Not to Suck." The later slogan was used last season when the Cubs won the World Series.
Soldiers also use the phrase when dealing with a difficult and tiring task.
Proceeds from the T-shirts will be split between Maddon's Respect 90 foundation and the military.
Updated May 19, 2017