LAFC re-signs Canadian midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye
European Football Headlines
- Marseille forfeits $2M prize money in UEFA finance case
- Brazil left frustrated by Venezuela defense, VAR after draw
- Ex-Sampdoria coach Giampaolo takes over at AC Milan
- Tite under pressure after goalless draw with Venezuela
- Uruguay embracing status of Copa America favorite
- Swiss prosecutors say FIFA work continues after boss recused
- Mats Hummels agrees to return to Dortmund from Bayern Munich
- Spain coach Luis Enrique stepping down for personal reasons
- England vs Japan in rematch of 2015 World Cup semifinal
- African Cup is the Salah show but trouble behind the scenes
LOS ANGELES (AP) Los Angeles FC has signed midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to a three-year contract extension.
LAFC announced the deal Monday. The extension runs through the 2021 season with a club option for 2022.
The 24-year-old Canadian immediately earned a key role during LAFC's successful inaugural season. The unsung signing from Louisville of the USL had a surprisingly large impact as a box-to-box midfielder, getting two goals and five assists while starting 20 of the expansion club's first 21 games.
His season ended in late July due to an ankle injury that required surgery. He should be fully healthy for the 2019 season.
Kaye also has made six appearances for the Canadian national team.
Updated December 3, 2018