LAFC re-signs Canadian midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye
European Football Headlines
- Digne's last-gasp free kick earns Everton 2-2 draw v Watford
- Spanish league scraps plan to play January match in US
- Athletic Bilbao winless streak in Liga ends on late penalty
- English announcer Champion to become lead MLS voice for ESPN
- Chelsea suspends 4 people amid Sterling racism investigation
- Villarreal, Valencia and Athletic struggling in Spain
- Champions League: Crunch time for PSG, Napoli and Liverpool
- Derby win has Dortmund fans dreaming of more: the Bundesliga
- SAmerican soccer still wary after successful final in Madrid
- Iceland coach Hallgrimsson hired by Qatari soccer club
LOS ANGELES (AP) Los Angeles FC has signed midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye to a three-year contract extension.
LAFC announced the deal Monday. The extension runs through the 2021 season with a club option for 2022.
The 24-year-old Canadian immediately earned a key role during LAFC's successful inaugural season. The unsung signing from Louisville of the USL had a surprisingly large impact as a box-to-box midfielder, getting two goals and five assists while starting 20 of the expansion club's first 21 games.
His season ended in late July due to an ankle injury that required surgery. He should be fully healthy for the 2019 season.
Kaye also has made six appearances for the Canadian national team.
Updated December 3, 2018