Minnesota United midfielder Molino suffers ACL tear
European Football Headlines
- UEFA fines Milan $13M, threatens 1-year European ban
- Violent Eintracht fans create disorder at Lazio match
- Egypt bids for 2019 African Cup, South Africa considering
- Everton-Manchester City Preview
- Chelsea condemns anti-Semitic chant by fans in Budapest
- Milan out as Sevilla, Villarreal advance in Europa League
- Bournemouth-Wolverhampton Preview
- Newcastle United-Huddersfield Town Preview
- Burnley-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Spanish 2nd-division club Reus on brink of extinction
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (AP) Minnesota United says midfielder Kevin Molino is not expected to return for the rest of the season after he suffered a torn ACL in his left knee.
Molino was hurt in a match against Orlando City on Saturday. He left on a stretcher in the 51st minute. The Loons won 2-1.
The club says Molino will undergo surgery to repair the torn ACL in the coming weeks.
Molino scored twice in the season opener at the San Jose Earthquakes and assisted the first goal at Orlando City.
Updated March 12, 2018