Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Sevilla's misfiring attack takes on Man U's stout defense
- Tianjin stays unbeaten in maiden ACL with draw vs Kashiwa
- Struggling Wolfsburg hires Bruno Labbadia as coach
- Russian authorities fine hotels for World Cup price-gouging
- Aguero involved in clash with Wigan fan after City's defeat
- Man City's quadruple bid ends in shock FA Cup loss to Wigan
- Immobile ends drought with 2 goals to help Lazio beat Verona
- Frankfurt beats Leipzig as fans vent fury over Monday games
- Getafe keeps momentum in Spain, defeats Celta Vigo 3-0
- Spanish police dismantle match-fixing scheme in lower tiers
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018