Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Messi breaks arm as Barcelona regains lead in La Liga
- Messi breaks right forearm, out for about 3 weeks
- Ronaldo scores but Juventus' perfect start ended by Genoa
- Even without Neymar, French leader PSG routs Amiens 5-0
- Leicester City-Arsenal Preview
- Bayern ends winless streak, Dortmund continues to impress
- Salah scores in Liverpool's 1-0 win at Huddersfield in EPL
- Box-office Mourinho center of attention again in EPL
- Newcastle drops to last in EPL after losing to Brighton 1-0
- Cardiff beats Fulham 4-2 for first EPL win, moves off bottom
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018