Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Fulham striker banished by club after getting arrested
- Chelsea signs Higuain on loan in bid to fix scoring problems
- Barcelona signs young Dutch midfielder De Jong for 75M euros
- FA charges Crystal Palace keeper Hennessey over Nazi salute
- Balotelli hopes to kick-start season after joining Marseille
- No trace of soccer player's plane after 2nd day searching
- Chelsea coach Sarri questions Hazard's leadership qualities
- South Korea, Australia, Japan aiming to improve at Asian Cup
- Beckham joins former United teammates with stake in Salford
- Korea, Japan, Australia aiming to improve at Asian Cup
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018