Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Ramirez scores twice in 1st start since trade, LAFC wins
- Wayne Rooney scores 2 goals, DC United beats Timbers 4-1
- Jozy Altidore has hat trick, Toronto FC wins Canadian title
- Atletico beats Real Madrid 4-2 after extra time in Super Cup
- Austin makes move for new stadium to land MLS' Crew
- Man City midfielder De Bruyne injures knee in training
- Kamara leads the way for Vancouver's playoff hopes
- Sporting KC's Jimmy Medranda to miss remainder of season
- Andres Iniesta scores again in Japanese league
- Goalkeeper Subasic retires from Croatia's national team
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018