Sounders sign Alex Roldan, Jordan McCrary to contracts
European Football Headlines
- Late goals by Takagi power Cerezo over Hiroshima in J-League
- Small clubs cross fingers for World Cup windfalls
- DC United beats Earthquakes 3-1
- Abubakar's late goal gives Crew 1-0 win over Revolution
- Union rout Real Salt Lake 4-1
- Galaxy, Impact look to reverse losing trends
- Timbers down LAFC 2-1 for fifth straight victory
- Whitecaps rally for 2-2 draw with FC Dallas
- Monaco, Lyon qualify for Champions League from Ligue 1
- Madrid draws at Villarreal 2-2 before Champions League final
SEATTLE (AP) The Seattle Sounders have signed first-round draft pick Alex Roldan and former New England draft pick Jordan McCrary for the 2018 season.
The signings Tuesday come two days before Seattle's final preseason exhibition against Sacramento Republic. The Sounders open the season next week in the CONCACAF Champions League against Santa Tecla in El Salvador.
Roldan is a midfielder from Seattle University who was selected No. 22 in the MLS SuperDraft. He is the younger brother of Seattle midfielder Cristian Roldan. Alex Roldan started all 82 games in college and had six goals and eight assists in his senior season.
McCrary was with Seattle on trial during the preseason. McCrary was the No. 10 overall pick of the 2016 MLS SuperDraft by New England. He spent last year with Toronto FC II in the United Soccer League.
Updated February 13, 2018