New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Fulham striker banished by club after getting arrested
- Chelsea signs Higuain on loan in bid to fix scoring problems
- Barcelona signs young Dutch midfielder De Jong for 75M euros
- FA charges Crystal Palace keeper Hennessey over Nazi salute
- Balotelli hopes to kick-start season after joining Marseille
- No trace of soccer player's plane after 2nd day searching
- Chelsea coach Sarri questions Hazard's leadership qualities
- South Korea, Australia, Japan aiming to improve at Asian Cup
- Beckham joins former United teammates with stake in Salford
- Korea, Japan, Australia aiming to improve at Asian Cup
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018