New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Sevilla's misfiring attack takes on Man U's stout defense
- Tianjin stays unbeaten in maiden ACL with draw vs Kashiwa
- Struggling Wolfsburg hires Bruno Labbadia as coach
- Russian authorities fine hotels for World Cup price-gouging
- Aguero involved in clash with Wigan fan after City's defeat
- Man City's quadruple bid ends in shock FA Cup loss to Wigan
- Immobile ends drought with 2 goals to help Lazio beat Verona
- Frankfurt beats Leipzig as fans vent fury over Monday games
- Getafe keeps momentum in Spain, defeats Celta Vigo 3-0
- Spanish police dismantle match-fixing scheme in lower tiers
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018