New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Ramirez scores twice in 1st start since trade, LAFC wins
- Wayne Rooney scores 2 goals, DC United beats Timbers 4-1
- Jozy Altidore has hat trick, Toronto FC wins Canadian title
- Atletico beats Real Madrid 4-2 after extra time in Super Cup
- Austin makes move for new stadium to land MLS' Crew
- Man City midfielder De Bruyne injures knee in training
- Kamara leads the way for Vancouver's playoff hopes
- Sporting KC's Jimmy Medranda to miss remainder of season
- Andres Iniesta scores again in Japanese league
- Goalkeeper Subasic retires from Croatia's national team
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018