New York Red Bulls sign Venezuelan MF Cristian Casseres Jr.
European Football Headlines
- Late goals by Takagi power Cerezo over Hiroshima in J-League
- Small clubs cross fingers for World Cup windfalls
- DC United beats Earthquakes 3-1
- Abubakar's late goal gives Crew 1-0 win over Revolution
- Union rout Real Salt Lake 4-1
- Galaxy, Impact look to reverse losing trends
- Timbers down LAFC 2-1 for fifth straight victory
- Whitecaps rally for 2-2 draw with FC Dallas
- Monaco, Lyon qualify for Champions League from Ligue 1
- Madrid draws at Villarreal 2-2 before Champions League final
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres, Jr.
The Major League Soccer team says the 18-year-old is a discovery signing, who will occupy an international spot on the roster.
Casseres has played in Venezuela's first division and has represented Venezuela on the U-17 and U-20 national teams. He made his professional debut for Deportivo La Guaira at 16-years-old. He had 15 appearances for the senior team and scored once.
His father is Cristian Cásseres Sr., who played for the Venezuelan national team.
Updated February 2, 2018