Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Sevilla's misfiring attack takes on Man U's stout defense
- Tianjin stays unbeaten in maiden ACL with draw vs Kashiwa
- Struggling Wolfsburg hires Bruno Labbadia as coach
- Russian authorities fine hotels for World Cup price-gouging
- Aguero involved in clash with Wigan fan after City's defeat
- Man City's quadruple bid ends in shock FA Cup loss to Wigan
- Immobile ends drought with 2 goals to help Lazio beat Verona
- Frankfurt beats Leipzig as fans vent fury over Monday games
- Getafe keeps momentum in Spain, defeats Celta Vigo 3-0
- Spanish police dismantle match-fixing scheme in lower tiers
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018