Sounders sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem
European Football Headlines
- Late goals by Takagi power Cerezo over Hiroshima in J-League
- Small clubs cross fingers for World Cup windfalls
- DC United beats Earthquakes 3-1
- Abubakar's late goal gives Crew 1-0 win over Revolution
- Union rout Real Salt Lake 4-1
- Galaxy, Impact look to reverse losing trends
- Timbers down LAFC 2-1 for fifth straight victory
- Whitecaps rally for 2-2 draw with FC Dallas
- Monaco, Lyon qualify for Champions League from Ligue 1
- Madrid draws at Villarreal 2-2 before Champions League final
SEATTLE (AP) The Sounders have signed Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem after a mostly quiet offseason for the club.
Seattle on Tuesday announced the signing, subject to his obtaining a U.S. work visa.
Eikrem spent the past three seasons with Malmo in Sweden's top division, winning league titles in the last seasons. Eikrem also played for the Netherlands' Heerenveen and played parts of two seasons for Cardiff.
Eikrem has 17 appearances for Norway, including six in 2014 World Cup qualifying.
Updated January 30, 2018