LA Galaxy bolster defense with Dutch right back Van Anholt
European Football Headlines
- Villarreal opens probe into Semedo's reported arrest
- English FA charges West Ham with breach of anti-doping rules
- Pato comes to rescue of Chinese side Tianjin in Asian CL
- Sevilla's misfiring attack takes on Man U's stout defense
- Struggling Wolfsburg hires Bruno Labbadia as coach
- Russian authorities fine hotels for World Cup price-gouging
- Aguero involved in clash with Wigan fan after City's defeat
- Man City's quadruple bid ends in shock FA Cup loss to Wigan
- Immobile ends drought with 2 goals to help Lazio beat Verona
- Frankfurt beats Leipzig as fans vent fury over Monday games
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have acquired Dutch defender Pele Van Anholt.
The Galaxy announced the deal Wednesday to add the 26-year-old right back from Willem II of the Eredivisie.
Van Anholt spent just one season with Willem II, and he was out of contract with the club. He played for SC Heerenveen for six of the previous seven seasons, scoring two goals in 149 appearances.
The Galaxy need help on the right side of their defense after losing Robbie Rogers for the season with a serious left ankle injury. Rogers was placed on the season-ending injury list in May.
Van Anholt will join the Galaxy in training on Thursday. They host Manchester United in a friendly on Saturday night.
Updated July 12, 2017