LA Galaxy bolster defense with Dutch right back Van Anholt
European Football Headlines
- Atlanta extends home unbeaten streak to 12, beats Impact 2-0
- Ronaldo sends message to family of boy killed in earthquake
- Valencia coach Marcelino pulls muscle celebrating winner
- Atletico puts new stadium to the test in Champions League
- Zaza strikes again as Valencia beats Real Sociedad 3-2
- FIFA set to relax ban on war dead commemorations at games
- AEK beats Olympiakos 3-2, stays top in Greece
- Saint-Etienne held at home by Rennes in French league
- Inconsistent Milan loses at Sampdoria; Inter and Lazio win
- Lucas Alario stars on Leverkusen debut in 3-0 win vs Hamburg
CARSON, Calif. (AP) The LA Galaxy have acquired Dutch defender Pele Van Anholt.
The Galaxy announced the deal Wednesday to add the 26-year-old right back from Willem II of the Eredivisie.
Van Anholt spent just one season with Willem II, and he was out of contract with the club. He played for SC Heerenveen for six of the previous seven seasons, scoring two goals in 149 appearances.
The Galaxy need help on the right side of their defense after losing Robbie Rogers for the season with a serious left ankle injury. Rogers was placed on the season-ending injury list in May.
Van Anholt will join the Galaxy in training on Thursday. They host Manchester United in a friendly on Saturday night.
Updated July 12, 2017