Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Russia salvages friendly 3-3 draw with Belgium
- FIFA bans Lionel Messi for 4 World Cup qualifying games
- Australia beats UAE 2-0 after 4 draws in qualifying
- European clubs deny Champions League changes favor wealthy
- Portugal airport to be named after Ronaldo near his hometown
- New Zealand beats Fiji 2-0 in World Cup qualifier
- World Cup Under-17 final in Kolkata, India in November
- After late goals broke Panama's hearts in 2013, US returns
- Brian to miss exhibitions vs Russia because of knee injury
- Captain Neymar sees Brazil as best team in the world
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017