Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Olympiakos back on top at halfway stage of Greek season
- Messi misses penalty as Barca wins big to increase lead
- Lyon beats Marseille to go 3rd; Balotelli scores for Nice
- Sporting and Benfica win to put pressure on Porto
- Griezmann backtracks over 'insensitive' blackface tweet
- AC Milan crisis deepens with 3-0 defeat at Verona in Serie A
- Brazil great Kaka retiring from soccer at age 35
- Bailey stars but Leverkusen held 4-4, Hertha beats Leipzig
- The Unhappy One: No smiles as Lukaku scores again for United
- Salah reaches 20 goals as Liverpool thrashes Bournemouth 4-0
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017