Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Atletico's Gimenez to miss Champions League semifinals
- Sydney FC to face Melbourne Victory in A-League final
- Omiya Ardija upsets J-League leader Urawa 1-0
- Rivas, Kaká lift Orlando City to 2-0 win over Colorado
- Benfica stays 3 points ahead of Porto with 3 rounds left
- Barcelona, Madrid win as Liga title race nears climax
- Lloyd's goal can't stop Lyon advancing to women's CL final
- Schick strikes again as Sampdoria draws 1-1 at Torino
- Monaco gets ready for Juventus with 3-1 win over Toulouse
- How Bayern claimed its 5th straight Bundesliga title
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017