|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- FIFA takes no further action on Mexico-New Zealand clashes
- FIFA bans Ghana defender Inkoom for 1 year because of debt
- Sochi club withdraws from league in blow to World Cup plans
- Russians hit the bar as beer ban lifted for Confed Cup
- Texas teams go at it again in Houston
- Sanchez scores early but Chile held by Germany to a 1-1 draw
- Egypt winger Salah back in EPL at Liverpool for record fee
- Cameroon's Aboubakar lets Australia off hook at Confed Cup
- Toronto FC aims to bolster lead in East, ready for Revs
- Kenny Saief gets FIFA OK to change to US from Israel
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017