Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Sporting loses cup final after 'horror movie' week
- Torres scores twice in final game with Atletico Madrid
- Green, Sargent join Pulisic on US soccer roster vs Bolivia
- No great escape this time as Crotone relegated to Serie B
- DC United beats Earthquakes 3-1
- Bayern Munich fans pay tribute to Jupp Heynckes, again
- Late goals by Takagi power Cerezo over Hiroshima in J-League
- Small clubs cross fingers for World Cup windfalls
- Abubakar's late goal gives Crew 1-0 win over Revolution
- Union rout Real Salt Lake 4-1
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017