Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Ronaldo scores, Portugal eases past New Zealand 4-0
- Getafe returns to Spain's topflight 1 year after relegation
- Planes provide glimpse into private Sochi training sessions
- Germany's Goretzka in demand after new diet-aided healing
- Host Russia exits Confederations Cup after loss to Mexico
- US forward Bobby Wood signs on to 2021 with Hamburger SV
- Rollercoaster of emotions awaits fans in St. Petersburg
- Huddersfield signs Depoitre, 1st recruit since EPL promotion
- Hiddink urges FIFA to pick best referees for World Cup
- Claudio Bravo fit again, says Chile coach
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017