Real Salt Lake fires coach Jeff Cassar
European Football Headlines
- Hull City-Southampton Preview
- West Ham United-Stoke City Preview
- Bournemouth-Sunderland Preview
- 30 fans arrested, 18 police injured in Copa Libertadores
- FIFA fines Albania $100,000 for fan disorder in Italy
- Soccer weekend: What to watch in Europe's main leagues
- Spurs ready to end 22 years of pain and finish above Arsenal
- Dynamo aiming to post win in Toronto
- Sylvain Marveaux briefly detained in tax fraud investigation
- MLS This Week: Fredy fits in, the Atomic Ant and Chicharito
SANDY, Utah (AP) Real Salt Lake has fired coach Jeff Cassar.
The club announced Monday that director of goalkeeping Daryl Shore will step in as interim head coach.
Real Salt Lake is ninth in the MLS Western Conference with an 0-2-1 record. The team has gone winless in its past 10 matches going back to the 2016 season. Real Salt Lake has scored just one goal in three games this season.
Cassar joined the organization in 2007 as an assistant coach and was promoted in 2014. The team went 38-37-30 during his tenure. The team retained Cassar for the 2017 season after his contract expired following the 2016 season.
General Manager Craig Waibel said in a statement there is a "sense of urgency for progress this season," which is why the move was made now.
Updated March 20, 2017