NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Brighton beats Derby to reach FA Cup quarterfinals
- Striker Fredy Montero returning to Vancouver Whitecaps
- Juventus beats Frosinone 3-0 to go 14 points clear
- Brazil to play Panama in friendly at Porto
- Charles nets 2, Eibar fights back for 2-2 draw with Getafe
- Lyon warms up for Barca with 2-1 win over Guingamp in France
- Watford beats QPR to reach FA Cup quarterfinals
- Bayern survives Augsburg scare to close gap in Bundesliga
- FIFA transfer reforms target $400M for lower-tier clubs
- Galatasaray scores win over UEFA in finance monitoring case
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018