NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Spain doubted again after consecutive Nations League losses
- Kenya loses appeal to be reinstated in Women's African Cup
- AC Milan preparing for new UEFA judgment on FFP violations
- Prosecutor cleared of misconduct in FIFA case, leaves job
- PSG investigation finds 'no proven case of discrimination'
- Pulisic back as US loses 3-0 at England; no goal for Rooney
- Croatia beats Spain 3-2 to throw open Nations League group
- Croatia beats Spain to set up Nations showdown with England
- No goal for Wayne Rooney in 120th, final England appearance
- Firsts for Sane, Suele as Germany beats Russia in friendly
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018