NYCFC snaps Montreal Impact's 4-game win streak 3-0
European Football Headlines
- CSKA's Dzagoev undergoes right knee ligament op
- Ronaldo's opponents triumphant in his return to Madrid
- Scottish soccer leaders hold talks over fan misbehavior
- Title hopes on the line for Dortmund as Leverkusen visits
- Midfielder Lassana Diarra leaves PSG by mutual consent
- Kane back earlier than expected from injury for Tottenham
- PSG signs new sponsorship deal with Accor hotel group
- A captain without the armband, Herrera key to United revival
- Australian soccer says no inquiry into firing of Stajcic
- Ronaldo held scoreless in Madrid as Atletico beats Juventus
NEW YORK (AP) Ronald Matarrita had a goal and an assist to lead New York City FC to a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Impact on Wednesday night.
Matarrita entered as a substitute in the 62nd minute. Three minutes later, his chip caught Montreal goalkeeper Evan Bush out of position and found its way to the side netting to make it 2-0.
Maturita assisted on Jonathan Lewis' first MLS goal in the 76th minute, which was a header that glanced in off the right post.
Jesus Medina opened the scoring in the 60th minute with a left-footed smash from 20 yards out as NYCFC (11-4-4) snapped the Impact's four-game winning streak.
City remained unbeaten at home this season (9-0-1), with six of those wins coming via shutout. The Impact, which has been shut out seven times this season, dropped to 2-9-0 on the road and 8-12-0 overall.
Updated July 11, 2018