Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Striker Fredy Montero returning to Vancouver Whitecaps
- Juventus beats Frosinone 3-0 to go 14 points clear
- Brazil to play Panama in friendly at Porto
- Charles nets 2, Eibar fights back for 2-2 draw with Getafe
- Lyon warms up for Barca with 2-1 win over Guingamp in France
- Watford beats QPR to reach FA Cup quarterfinals
- Bayern survives Augsburg scare to close gap in Bundesliga
- FIFA transfer reforms target $400M for lower-tier clubs
- Galatasaray scores win over UEFA in finance monitoring case
- UEFA charges Valencia's Kondogbia for deliberate yellow card
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018