Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- VAR's difficult debut in top South American club competition
- Spanish federation withholds approval of match in US
- Euro 2024 study: Human rights concern in Turkey, not Germany
- Chelsea-West Ham United Preview
- Everton-Arsenal Preview
- Brazil recall Jesus for friendlies vs Argentina and Saudis
- Tabarez extends contract with Uruguay for 4 years
- Aguero set for decade at City after signing 1-year extension
- Struggling Dynamo playing last-place Oklahoma City FC
- Revolution look to increase unbeaten stretch vs. Fire
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018