Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Spain doubted again after consecutive Nations League losses
- Kenya loses appeal to be reinstated in Women's African Cup
- AC Milan preparing for new UEFA judgment on FFP violations
- Prosecutor cleared of misconduct in FIFA case, leaves job
- PSG investigation finds 'no proven case of discrimination'
- Pulisic back as US loses 3-0 at England; no goal for Rooney
- Croatia beats Spain 3-2 to throw open Nations League group
- Croatia beats Spain to set up Nations showdown with England
- No goal for Wayne Rooney in 120th, final England appearance
- Firsts for Sane, Suele as Germany beats Russia in friendly
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018