Rusnak, Silva score in RSL's 2-0 win over FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Jonathan Osorio breaks tie, Toronto FC beats Fire 2-1
- Red Bulls stay hot, beat Revolution 2-0
- Ibrahimovic leads Galaxy over Union 3-1
- Nicolas Lodeiro scores twice, Sounders beat Whitecaps 2-0
- Martinez has MLS-record 6th hat trick in Atlanta United win
- Los Angeles FC-Minnesota United Preview
- Leicester sign Wales goalie Danny Ward from Liverpool
- Marseille signs Caleta-Car, Fonte joins Lille
- Son, Lamela extend contracts at Tottenham
- Neymar insists he will stay at PSG to win titles
SANDY, Utah (AP) Albert Rusnak scored on an early penalty kick, Luis Silva added a stoppage-time goal and Real Salt Lake beat FC Dallas 2-0 on Saturday night.
Sebastian Saucedo drew the foul against Kellyn Acosta to set up Rusnak's goal in the 11th minute. Rusnak went low and to the left and goalkeeper Jesse Gonzalez guessed the right way, but was unable to get to it.
Silva finished Jefferson Savarino's cross to cap a breakaway in the first minute of second-half stoppage time.
Savarino blocked Matt Hedges' header away to help preserve Real Salt Lake's lead in the 71st minute.
Real Salt Lake (9-8-2) started 10 homegrown players and subbed on an 11th to set an MLS record for most homegrown appearances in a single game.
FC Dallas dropped to 10-3-5 in losing their first game to a Western Conference opponent this season.
Updated July 8, 2018