Ignacio Piatti scores twice, Impact beat Orlando City 3-0
European Football Headlines
- Egypt goalkeeper declines beer-sponsored World Cup award
- Parity comes to World Cup, where top nations fail to win
- Brazil held to 1-1 draw by Switzerland at World Cup
- Mexico's Marquez in 'great shape' at fifth career World Cup
- The Latest: Top teams have trouble winning at World Cup
- Mexico chasing that elusive fifth World Cup game
- A 'milestone' World Cup win kicks off celebration for Mexico
- Mexico shakes with excitement over Germany World Cup win
- Mexico beats defending champion Germany 1-0 at World Cup
- Stunned Germany hopes to avoid early World Cup exit
MONTREAL (AP) Ignacio Piatti scored twice to end a five-game drought and the Montreal Impact beat Orlando City 3-0 in the rain Wednesday night.
Montreal (5-11-0) also benefited from an own goal while handing Orlando City (6-8-1) its sixth straight defeat. The Impact picked up only their second victory in their last seven games.
Piatti, back after sitting out a game with a minor injury, scored from the spot 5 minutes in after Sahir Taider was tripped by Cristian Higuita in the penalty area.
Piatti fed Daniel Lovitz on the left side for a cross that went in off sliding defender Amro Tarek for the own goal in the 55th. Piatti dribbled through the area and scored his seventh of the season in added time.
Updated June 13, 2018