Atlanta United ends Orlando City's 6-game win streak, 2-1
European Football Headlines
- Mbappe scores 2 as PSG wins 3-1 with VAR reprieve
- Kane scores in August as Tottenham beats Fulham 3-1 in EPL
- Lewandowski avoids Bayern embarrassment against amateur team
- Bournemouth wins again after 2nd-half recovery vs West Ham
- Vardy sent off but Leicester beats Wolves 2-0 in EPL
- Richarlison scores again as Everton beats Southampton 2-1
- Ronaldo warms up to huge cheers ahead of Juventus debut
- Finally! Kane ends August hoodoo in Premier League
- Liverpool-Crystal Palace Preview
- Mourinho says Man City 'disrespectful' in documentary
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Josef Martinez scored his eighth goal of the season for a share of the MLS lead and Atlanta United snapped Orlando City's six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Sunday night.
Greg Garza drew the penalty in the ninth minute to set up Martinez for the opening goal from the spot a minute later. Martinez tied Columbus' Gyasi Zardes for the league lead.
Atlanta United (8-2-1) took a 2-0 lead in the 31st minute when Ezequiel Barco connected with Garza for a give-and-go that Barco finished with a rising shot that glanced underneath the crossbar.
Justin Meram pounced on the rebound of Will Johnson's saved attempted and slotted home the putback to bring Orlando City (6-3-1) within a goal in the 57th. It was Meram's first goal with the Lions.
Atlanta has won four of its last five.
Updated May 13, 2018