Atlanta United ends Orlando City's 6-game win streak, 2-1
European Football Headlines
- Search resumes to find plane with soccer player Sala aboard
- South Korea, Australia, Japan aiming to improve at Asian Cup
- Korea, Japan, Australia aiming to improve at Asian Cup
- Acosta, Glad, Bono, Miller cut from US roster
- Getafe beats Valencia 1-0 in Copa del Rey quarterfinals
- Pressure increases on Thierry Henry as Monaco loses again
- Cristiano Ronaldo pleads guilty to tax fraud at Madrid court
- Christen Press scores and US women down Spain 1-0
- Tim Howard says this MLS season will be his last
- Argentine soccer player Emiliano Sala aboard missing plane
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Josef Martinez scored his eighth goal of the season for a share of the MLS lead and Atlanta United snapped Orlando City's six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Sunday night.
Greg Garza drew the penalty in the ninth minute to set up Martinez for the opening goal from the spot a minute later. Martinez tied Columbus' Gyasi Zardes for the league lead.
Atlanta United (8-2-1) took a 2-0 lead in the 31st minute when Ezequiel Barco connected with Garza for a give-and-go that Barco finished with a rising shot that glanced underneath the crossbar.
Justin Meram pounced on the rebound of Will Johnson's saved attempted and slotted home the putback to bring Orlando City (6-3-1) within a goal in the 57th. It was Meram's first goal with the Lions.
Atlanta has won four of its last five.
Updated May 13, 2018