Atlanta United ends Orlando City's 6-game win streak, 2-1
European Football Headlines
- Spanish league says govt tax hike may scare away top players
- Watford-Wolverhampton Preview
- Burnley-Manchester City Preview
- Manchester United-Chelsea Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-West Ham United Preview
- 2 Russian soccer internationals charged after brawls
- European soccer weekend: What to watch in the main leagues
- French great Henry set for coaching debut with Monaco
- Uruguayan flies 25 hours to score winning goal in Brazil
- UEFA bans Rubin Kazan for 1 year in financial fair play case
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Josef Martinez scored his eighth goal of the season for a share of the MLS lead and Atlanta United snapped Orlando City's six-game winning streak with a 2-1 victory Sunday night.
Greg Garza drew the penalty in the ninth minute to set up Martinez for the opening goal from the spot a minute later. Martinez tied Columbus' Gyasi Zardes for the league lead.
Atlanta United (8-2-1) took a 2-0 lead in the 31st minute when Ezequiel Barco connected with Garza for a give-and-go that Barco finished with a rising shot that glanced underneath the crossbar.
Justin Meram pounced on the rebound of Will Johnson's saved attempted and slotted home the putback to bring Orlando City (6-3-1) within a goal in the 57th. It was Meram's first goal with the Lions.
Atlanta has won four of its last five.
Updated May 13, 2018