Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- Search resumes to find plane with soccer player Sala aboard
- South Korea, Australia, Japan aiming to improve at Asian Cup
- Korea, Japan, Australia aiming to improve at Asian Cup
- Acosta, Glad, Bono, Miller cut from US roster
- Getafe beats Valencia 1-0 in Copa del Rey quarterfinals
- Pressure increases on Thierry Henry as Monaco loses again
- Cristiano Ronaldo pleads guilty to tax fraud at Madrid court
- Christen Press scores and US women down Spain 1-0
- Tim Howard says this MLS season will be his last
- Argentine soccer player Emiliano Sala aboard missing plane
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018