Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- Mbappe scores 2 as PSG wins 3-1 with VAR reprieve
- Kane scores in August as Tottenham beats Fulham 3-1 in EPL
- Lewandowski avoids Bayern embarrassment against amateur team
- Bournemouth wins again after 2nd-half recovery vs West Ham
- Vardy sent off but Leicester beats Wolves 2-0 in EPL
- Richarlison scores again as Everton beats Southampton 2-1
- Ronaldo warms up to huge cheers ahead of Juventus debut
- Finally! Kane ends August hoodoo in Premier League
- Liverpool-Crystal Palace Preview
- Mourinho says Man City 'disrespectful' in documentary
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018