Royer, Etienne score in Red Bulls' 2-1 win over Rapids
European Football Headlines
- Spanish league says govt tax hike may scare away top players
- Watford-Wolverhampton Preview
- Burnley-Manchester City Preview
- Manchester United-Chelsea Preview
- Tottenham Hotspur-West Ham United Preview
- 2 Russian soccer internationals charged after brawls
- European soccer weekend: What to watch in the main leagues
- French great Henry set for coaching debut with Monaco
- Uruguayan flies 25 hours to score winning goal in Brazil
- UEFA bans Rubin Kazan for 1 year in financial fair play case
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Daniel Royer and Derrick Etienne scored to help the New York Red Bulls beat the Colorado Rapids 2-1 on Saturday night.
Royer opened the scoring in the fifth minute with a left-footed half volley to finish Bradley Wright-Phillips' wide cross.
Etienne was initially called offside on a goal in the 76th minute, but video review reversed the call and the Red Bulls (6-3-0) led 2-0.
Jack McBean pulled the Rapids (2-5-2) to 2-1 with a follow-up on Shkelzen Gashi's saved attempt in the 85th minute.
The Red Bulls have won four of their last five. The Rapids have dropped four in a row.
Updated May 12, 2018