Zusi's goal lifts Sporting KC to 2-2 draw with Sounders
European Football Headlines
- Sanchez spark still missing for Manchester United
- Salah's form leaves Egypt's pundits looking for explanations
- Spat in Spanish soccer over playing during daytime heat
- Ancelotti putting his mark on Napoli; Roma struggling
- Not yet at the top of his game, but Ben Arfa is back
- Matt Hedges lifts FC Dallas past Whitecaps, 2-1
- Galaxy beat Sounders for Kinnear's 1st win as interim coach
- Ronaldo recovers from red card misery to help Juve win 2-0
- Germany lacked 'greed' to defend WC; France to heed lessons
- Messi sets another record in Spain as Barcelona loses points
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) Graham Zusi and Ilie Sanchez scored to help Sporting Kansas City tie the Seattle Sounders 2-2 on Sunday.
Zusi slipped behind the defense and ran onto a long well-played ball from Jimmy Medranda before chipping it over a sliding defender and goalkeeper Stefan Frei in the 78th minute.
Ilie Sanchez converted from the spot to give Sporting (4-1-1) a 1-0 lead in the 34th minute after Johnny Russell drew a foul in the area against Nouhou Tolo.
Will Bruin scored Seattle's first goal of the season, making it 1-1 in the third minute of first-half stoppage time. Nicolas Lodeiro's long throw-in was headed by Chad Marshall on the left side of the box to Bruin, who tapped it in with the outside of his foot from point-blank range. Christian Roldan gave the Sounders (0-3-1) a 2-1 lead in the 73rd with a low one-timer from the top of the box off a feed from Bruin.
Frei made a diving stop of a slow roller by Roger Espinosa in the first minute of injury time.
Seattle snapped a four-game road scoreless streak, the longest in club history.
Sporting is unbeaten in its last five.
Updated April 15, 2018