Zlatan Ibrahimovic scores, Galaxy beat Fire 1-0
European Football Headlines
- FIFA's handling of racism case sparks Russia World Cup fears
- Italy to face Saudi Arabia in friendly next month
- Sevilla looks to save its season with Copa del Rey title
- France veteran Malouda loses appeal in Gold Cup case
- After Ronaldo, another bicycle kick hurts Juve's fortunes
- Future uncertain at Borussia Dortmund ahead of crunch games
- Chelsea defender Alonso gets 3-match ban for violent conduct
- Oliveira returns to Japan to coach J-League's Urawa Reds
- Sporting KC hosts hobbled Whitecaps
- Argentina says Aguero is recovering after surgery
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored in his first MLS start and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat the Chicago Fire 1-0 on Saturday.
Ibrahimovic headed home Ashley Cole's deep diagonal cross in the first minute of first-half stoppage time. The Swedish forward played as a substitute in his first two appearances for the Galaxy (3-2-1). He has three goals in 127 minutes.
Galaxy goalkeeper David Bingham made four saves to preserve his second clean sheet of the season.
The Fire dropped to 1-3-1.
Updated April 14, 2018