Rossi scores twice, LAFC rout Real Salt Lake 5-1
European Football Headlines
- Brazil beats Russia 3-0 in friendly ahead of World Cup
- Former England coach threatened female official with pole
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic joins the LA Galaxy
- UEFA Nations League gets $94 million prize fund for 55 teams
- Dutch police detain 25 England supporters for violence
- Usain Bolt delights fans by scoring in Dortmund training
- United States tops FIFA women's rankings, England No. 2
- Vancouver tries to extend home unbeaten streak vs. LA
- D.C. United, Crew cope with call-ups
- Red Bulls on edge with Minnesota visiting
SANDY, Utah (AP) Diego Rossi scored two goals on Saturday and Los Angeles FC stayed undefeated as a franchise with a 5-1 rout of Real Salt Lake.
LAFC (2-0-0) secured the lead with a quick pair of first-half goals. Rossi evened it at 1-all in the 30th minute, slipping behind defender Demar Phillips, settling Marco Urena's pass and slotting a right-footed shot over Nick Rimando's outstretched leg. Latif Blessing made it 2-1 for LAFC in the 33rd, finishing a three-pass combo in the area with a tap-in.
Benny Feilhaber sent a right-footed shot through Rimando's legs in the 47th minute. Rossi scored on a breakaway in the 81st, his third goal of the season, and Carlos Vela capped the scoring with a right-footed chip from the top of the area five minutes later.
Joao Plata gave RSL (0-1-1) the early lead in the 20th minute with a follow-up volley on his own saved penalty attempt.
Real Salt Lake conceded five goals at home for the first time in franchise history.
Updated March 10, 2018