Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- The Latest: Germany, Mexico, Belgium headline Saturday games
- Mexican players can have beef again at the World Cup
- Kluivert junior leaves Ajax for Roma in $21m transfer
- Xhaka and Shaqiri score for Swiss, make Albanian symbol
- Who's in and who's out at the World Cup
- AP PHOTOS: Brazil leaves it late on Day 9 of World Cup
- Brazilians heave sigh of relief with World Cup win
- Musa scores twice to give Nigeria 2-0 win over Iceland
- Mexico fans try new chant with eye on avoiding more fines
- Messi needs to dig deep to end Argentina's woes at World Cup
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017