Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Arsenal beats Everton 2-0 for 5th straight win under Emery
- Europa League hangover hits flat Chelsea
- Leverkusen gets 1st Bundesliga win after losing opening 3
- Sarri needs 'maybe 1 year' as Chelsea's perfect start ends
- Germany lacked 'drive' to defend WC; France to heed lessons
- Neymar gives jersey to crying boy as PSG beats Rennes 3-1
- Insigne scores twice as Napoli beats Torino 3-1 in Serie A
- Real Madrid president against Liga plan to play game in US
- Ben Yedder hits hat trick in Sevilla's 6-2 win at Levante
- Weston McKennie out with 'severe muscle contusion' in leg
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017