Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Gremio beats Pachuca 1-0 to make Club World Cup final
- Seattle goalie Miller leads LAFC list in MLS expansion draft
- After tunnel skirmish, United and City managers on defensive
- Injured Alderweireld out until February for Tottenham
- Independiente and Flamengo meet for South American trophy
- FIFA bans Colombia midfielder Cardona 5 games for gesture
- South Korea edges North Korea 1-0 at East Asian Championship
- Everton-Newcastle United Preview
- Manchester City-Swansea City Preview
- Arsenal-West Ham United Preview
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017