Atiba Harris, FC Dallas tie Rapids 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Mahrez salvages 1-1 draw for Leicester against West Brom
- Benevento remains alone in Europe without a point
- Calls for exiled player to go to WCup stirs storm in Egypt
- US, Germany cruise into U17 World Cup quarterfinals
- Ronaldo and Kane go head-to-head in Champions League
- For sale: Newcastle owner wants to sell Premier League club
- Weah's hat trick leads US over Paraguay 5-0, to U17 QFs
- US starts looking to 2022 with exhibition at Portugal
- Man City, the juggernaut taking English soccer by storm
- City winger Sterling off social media after abuse
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (AP) Atiba Harris scored the tying goal early in the second half and FC Dallas and the Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw Saturday night.
Harris headed down Javier Morales' corner from the top of the 6-yard box in the 54th minute.
Stefan Aigner opened the scoring for the Rapids (8-18-6) in the 15th minute on a give-and-go with Joshua Gatt.
FC Dallas (10-9-13) eliminated Minnesota United from playoff contention and moved above the red line into a fifth-place tie with the Houston Dynamo at 43 points. But Dallas has gone just 1-6-6 in its last 13 games and, with two games to go, holds only a one-point edge in the standings over Real Salt Lake and San Jose.
Updated October 7, 2017