Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Fritz Schmid named New Zealand soccer coach
- Napoli out of Europa League; police officer dies in Spain
- Officer dies of cardiac arrest after fan violence in Spain
- Dortmund striker Batshuayi racially abused at game in Italy
- Everton-Watford Preview
- Huddersfield Town-West Brom Preview
- Southampton-Burnley Preview
- West Ham United-Liverpool Preview
- Swansea City-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Stoke City-Leicester City Preview
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017