Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- Dempsey scores first goal of season, Sounders tie Fire, 1-1
- Hoesen, Tarbell help 'Quakes to 1-1 tie with Real Salt Lake
- Smith's stoppage-time goal helps Rapids snap skid
- Shelton's late goal helps Sporting KC beat Dynamo 3-2
- Piatti, own goal help Impact beat Orlando City 2-0
- Wright-Phillips, Robles help Red Bulls beat FC Dallas
- Dockal scores twice as Union beat Whitecaps 4-0, snap skid
- Sweden has a lot to be upset about after last-minute loss
- Correction: WCup-Panama-Henriquez story
- The Latest: England-Panama game could decide World Cup group
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017