Kamara scores 15th goal, Crew tie Sporting KC 1-1
European Football Headlines
- FIFA set to relax ban on war dead commemorations at games
- AEK beats Olympiakos 3-2, stays top in Greece
- Saint-Etienne held at home by Rennes in French league
- Inconsistent Milan loses at Sampdoria; Inter and Lazio win
- Lucas Alario stars on Leverkusen debut in 3-0 win vs Hamburg
- Espanyol wins again with 4-1 rout of Deportivo in Spain
- Bjerregaard wins in Portugal for 1st European Tour title
- Brighton wins 1-0 to end Newcastle's winning streak
- Brighton & Hove Albion 1, Newcastle United 0
- Kenya loses hosting rights to African soccer tournament
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Ola Kamara scored his 15th goal of the season in first-half stoppage time and the Columbus Crew tied Sporting Kansas City 1-1 on Sunday.
Columbus (13-12-4) had lost six of its last seven regular-season games in the series. Kansas City (10-6-11) snapped a two-game road losing streak.
Kamara headed in Pedro Santos's corner kick to move within four goals of New York City FC's David Villa for the Golden Boot award.
Cristian Lobato opened the scoring in the 19th minute with his first MLS goal. Columbus defender Jonathan Mensah misplayed a long free kick by Matt Besler and Lobato capitalized with a calm shot past Zack Steffen. Lobato, a Spanish midfielder, was playing in just his sixth league game.
Sporting KC goalkeeper Tim Melia has only allowed a goal or less in five straight games, leading to 11 team points.
Updated September 10, 2017