Nikolic scores in 66th to give Fire 1-1 draw with Red Bulls
European Football Headlines
- Robinho denies sexual assault after 9-year jail sentence
- Study to look at long-term health risks of playing soccer
- Juventus defense falling apart without the BBC
- Stoke City-Crystal Palace Preview
- West Brom-Tottenham Hotspur Preview
- Spanish federation rehires Hierro as its sports director
- Everton moves closer to leaving Goodison Park
- Brighton & Hove Albion-Manchester United Preview
- Bournemouth-Swansea City Preview
- Chelsea-Liverpool Preview
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Nemanja Nikolic tied it in the 66th minute and the Chicago Fire held on for a 1-1 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday.
Michael de Leeuw squared Johan Kappelhof's deep ball with a flick pass across the top of the 6-yard box and Nikolic connected with a header down into the middle of the net for the Fire (13-9-6).
Bradley Wright-Phillips volleyed home Sacha Kljestan's header pass in the eighth minute to open the scoring for the Red Bulls (12-10-5). Wright-Phillips has 15h goals this season to join Robbie Keane as the only MLS players with four 15-plus goal seasons.
Kljestan has 48 assists over the last three seasons - only Marco Etcheverry (49) and Pibe Valderrama (53) have more over a three-season span in MLS history.
Updated September 9, 2017