Nikolic scores in 66th to give Fire 1-1 draw with Red Bulls
European Football Headlines
- Torrent wins in NYCFC debut, 2-1 over Toronto FC
- Gressel ties it in Atlanta United's 1-1 draw with Timbers
- The Latest: Portugal, Spain want routine wins to advance
- DJ Calvin Harris stoked by Harry Kane nod to 'One Kiss'
- Pekerman dedicates Colombia's win to Carlos Sanchez
- Falcao scores, Colombia beats Poland 3-0 at World Cup
- Sweden player condemns racist abuse after World Cup loss
- Sources: Salah considering retiring from national team
- What do Costa Rica, Panama early exits say about US soccer?
- AP PHOTOS: England grand, Poland gone on Day 11 of World Cup
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. (AP) Nemanja Nikolic tied it in the 66th minute and the Chicago Fire held on for a 1-1 draw with the New York Red Bulls on Saturday.
Michael de Leeuw squared Johan Kappelhof's deep ball with a flick pass across the top of the 6-yard box and Nikolic connected with a header down into the middle of the net for the Fire (13-9-6).
Bradley Wright-Phillips volleyed home Sacha Kljestan's header pass in the eighth minute to open the scoring for the Red Bulls (12-10-5). Wright-Phillips has 15h goals this season to join Robbie Keane as the only MLS players with four 15-plus goal seasons.
Kljestan has 48 assists over the last three seasons - only Marco Etcheverry (49) and Pibe Valderrama (53) have more over a three-season span in MLS history.
Updated September 9, 2017