|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Silva helps Real Salt Lake run unbeaten streak to 6
European Football Headlines
- Mane’s Strike Sees Liverpool Edge Palace
- Free-scoring United looks team to beat in Premier League
- Leicester City cruises to 2-0 win over Brighton
- Mane scores as Liverpool beats Palace 1-0 in Premier League
- Pulisic scores as Dortmund wins 3-0 without Dembele
- Manchester United eases past Swansea City 4-0
- Man United thrashes Swansea in 2nd straight 4-0 win
- Kashima beats Shimizu S-Pulse 1-0 to keep lead in J-League
- Valeri scores, Timbers beat the Red Bulls 2-0
- Fire attempt to slow league-leading Toronto FC
WASHINGTON (AP) Luis Silva scored with a sudden strike in the 64th minute to lift Real Salt Lake to a 1-0 victory over D.C. United on Sunday night in a match that was carried over from Saturday.
The game was halted in the 29th minute on Saturday because of a severe thunderstorm that put the field under water.
Silva intercepted a soft clearing pass near the top of the box and caught the ball on the bounce, volleying it into the far top corner for his second goal of the season to help RSL continue its second-half playoff push. Salt Lake (8-12-5) has three wins and three ties in its last six games and has moved with three points of sixth place in the Western Conference with its first win in 11 matches at RFK Stadium since 2005.
Nick Rimando had three saves for his sixth shutout.
D.C. United (5-15-4) has been blanked a league-high six times at home.
Updated August 13, 2017