|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Meram, Crew rally for 3-1 win over Fire
European Football Headlines
- Mane’s Strike Sees Liverpool Edge Palace
- Free-scoring United looks team to beat in Premier League
- Leicester City cruises to 2-0 win over Brighton
- Mane scores as Liverpool beats Palace 1-0 in Premier League
- Pulisic scores as Dortmund wins 3-0 without Dembele
- Manchester United eases past Swansea City 4-0
- Man United thrashes Swansea in 2nd straight 4-0 win
- Kashima beats Shimizu S-Pulse 1-0 to keep lead in J-League
- Valeri scores, Timbers beat the Red Bulls 2-0
- Fire attempt to slow league-leading Toronto FC
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) Justin Meram scored in the 73rd minute to help the Columbus Crew beat the Chicago Fire 3-1 on Saturday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
Meram, with the outside of his right foot, tapped home a cross by Waylon Francis to give Columbus (11-12-2) its first lead. Wil Trapp perfectly placed a long, arcing pass down the left side to Francis, who fed Meram at the top of the 6-yard box for the finish.
Michael de Leeuw gave the Fire a 1-0 lead in the 13th minute, but Kekuta Manneh chipped a loose ball over the sliding Matt Lampson to tie it in the 18th. Ola Kamara capped the scoring in the 88th minute, converting from the spot after drawing a penalty on Lampson, who came well off his line to challenge Kamara on a breakaway.
Chicago (12-6-5) has lost three of its last four after an 11-match unbeaten streak.
Updated August 12, 2017