Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Kenny Lowe fired as Perth Glory coach in A-League
- Southampton draw does little to dispel drop fears
- Moses sparkles as Chelsea beats Burnley
- Atletico defeat leaves Barcelona on brink of title
- Semifinal abandoned after Besiktas coach injured
- Successive wins for Chelsea, draw not enough for Southampton
- Bocanegra, Hucles to chair USSF technical development group
- Liverpool-West Brom Preview
- Crystal Palace-Watford Preview
- FIFA's handling of racism case sparks Russia World Cup fears
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017