Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- NAmerica touts 'risk averse' World Cup bid amid Trump issues
- With early goal, Sevilla gets past Atletico in Copa quarters
- Quadruple-chasing Man City through to League Cup final
- Phil Neville hired as manager of England's women's team
- French league terminates goal-line technology contract
- Midfielder Lassana Diarra joins PSG on short-term deal
- Burnley issues hand-off warning after handing Dyche new deal
- Chelsea loans out Kenedy to Newcastle
- Boca's Cardona, Barrios back to training after scandal
- Without Neymar, Messi and Suarez keep Barcelona thriving
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017