|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Levante beats Villarreal 1-0 in its return to La Liga
- Rooney nets 200th EPL goal, Everton draws 1-1 at Man City
- Manchester City draws Everton with late goal
- Mixed debut for video review in Serie A
- Column: English soccer embraces payback for Asian money
- NZ striker Wood joins EPL side Burnley for club-record fee
- German police apologize after officers taunt player in video
- Samir Nasri leaves Man City for Turkish club Antalyaspor
- New York City FC, Seattle Sounders clinch stoppage-time wins
- Without Paulinho, Scolari targets Asian glory for Guangzhou
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017