|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Tim Melia, Sporting Kansas City play Earthquakes to 0-0 draw
European Football Headlines
- Germany reaches Confed Cup semis amid more replay confusion
- Saief, Dwyer, Rolda and Rowe among US Gold Cup newcomers
- Chile draws with Australia to reach Confed Cup semifinals
- Video review used to show red card to Cameroon defender
- Brazilian super-volunteer is back -- at her 2nd Confed Cup
- Russia has reasons for optimism despite Confed Cup exit
- Kashiwa Reysol maintains J-League lead with win over Sapporo
- European champion Portugal is not only about Ronaldo
- Timbers meet rival Sounders again
- Ronaldo scores, Portugal eases past New Zealand 4-0
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) Tim Melia had his MLS-leading ninth shutout of the season and Sporting Kansas City played the San Jose Earthquakes to a 0-0 draw Saturday night.
Melia didn't face a shot in the first half - as San Jose was outshot 10-0 - and made three saves in the second.
San Jose's David Bingham also had three saves, including a diving stop Jimmy Medranda's shot in the 70th minute, and took sole possession of second with six shutouts this season.
Sporting KC (7-4-6) had a handful of chances, including a free kick by Benny Feilhaber that bounced off the post in the opening minutes, but couldn't capitalize.
San Jose (5-6-5) is winless in its last three matches.
Updated June 17, 2017