Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Olympiakos back on top at halfway stage of Greek season
- Messi misses penalty as Barca wins big to increase lead
- Lyon beats Marseille to go 3rd; Balotelli scores for Nice
- Sporting and Benfica win to put pressure on Porto
- Griezmann backtracks over 'insensitive' blackface tweet
- AC Milan crisis deepens with 3-0 defeat at Verona in Serie A
- Brazil great Kaka retiring from soccer at age 35
- Bailey stars but Leverkusen held 4-4, Hertha beats Leipzig
- The Unhappy One: No smiles as Lukaku scores again for United
- Salah reaches 20 goals as Liverpool thrashes Bournemouth 4-0
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017