Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Atletico's Gimenez to miss Champions League semifinals
- Sydney FC to face Melbourne Victory in A-League final
- Omiya Ardija upsets J-League leader Urawa 1-0
- Rivas, Kaká lift Orlando City to 2-0 win over Colorado
- Benfica stays 3 points ahead of Porto with 3 rounds left
- Barcelona, Madrid win as Liga title race nears climax
- Lloyd's goal can't stop Lyon advancing to women's CL final
- Schick strikes again as Sampdoria draws 1-1 at Torino
- Monaco gets ready for Juventus with 3-1 win over Toulouse
- How Bayern claimed its 5th straight Bundesliga title
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017