Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- Sporting loses cup final after 'horror movie' week
- Torres scores twice in final game with Atletico Madrid
- Green, Sargent join Pulisic on US soccer roster vs Bolivia
- No great escape this time as Crotone relegated to Serie B
- DC United beats Earthquakes 3-1
- Bayern Munich fans pay tribute to Jupp Heynckes, again
- Late goals by Takagi power Cerezo over Hiroshima in J-League
- Small clubs cross fingers for World Cup windfalls
- Abubakar's late goal gives Crew 1-0 win over Revolution
- Union rout Real Salt Lake 4-1
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017