|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Galaxy get 1st win behind Boateng's goal in 74th minute
European Football Headlines
- FIFA takes no further action on Mexico-New Zealand clashes
- FIFA bans Ghana defender Inkoom for 1 year because of debt
- Sochi club withdraws from league in blow to World Cup plans
- Russians hit the bar as beer ban lifted for Confed Cup
- Texas teams go at it again in Houston
- Sanchez scores early but Chile held by Germany to a 1-1 draw
- Egypt winger Salah back in EPL at Liverpool for record fee
- Cameroon's Aboubakar lets Australia off hook at Confed Cup
- Toronto FC aims to bolster lead in East, ready for Revs
- Kenny Saief gets FIFA OK to change to US from Israel
SANDY, Utah (AP) Emmanuel Boateng found the inside of the net for what turned out to be the game-winner in the 74th minute and Los Angeles earned its first win of the year 2-1 against Real Salt Lake on Saturday night.
Boateng's goal was set up by Romain Alessandrini who drew the defense around him on the right side of the box before firing a pass to the opposite side to a streaking Boateng who beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
Alessandrini also assisted on the Galaxy's (1-2-0) first goal, which tied the score at one in the 69th minute. Alessandrini found Romney with a cross to the middle of the box, who then fired a left-footed shot just under the crossbar.
Real Salt Lake (0-2-1) took an early lead in the 18th minute after a goal by Yura Movsisyan. Movsisyan took a high arching into the box by Albert Rusn�k and headed it through.
Updated March 18, 2017