Chiefs hire McCullough off USC staff to coach running backs
- Bills' Jones arrested after nude episode
- Chiefs sign DT Williams to help stop run
- Lions sign former Seahawks TE Willson
- Visitation for Saints owner Benson begin
- Steelers land S Burnett with 3-year deal
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) The Chiefs hired Deland McCullough off the staff at Southern California on Friday to coach their running backs, taking the place of recently promoted assistant coach Eric Bieniemy.
Chiefs coach Andy Reid moved Bieniemy into the offensive coordinator job shortly after Matt Nagy, who had excelled in the role this past season, took the head job with the Chicago Bears.
McCullough spent six seasons with Indiana before coaching the Trojans' running backs last season.
He played at Miami of Ohio before stints with the Bengals and Eagles in the NFL, two seasons with Winnipeg in the Canadian Football League and a season in the short-lived XFL.
More AP NFL: https://pro32.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated January 12, 2018