|National Football League|
Raiders waive LB Aaron Curry
- RG3 confident he'll be ready for opener
- 8-time Pro Bowl LB Urlacher retires
- 49ers WR Crabtree tears Achilles tendon
- Giants FB Hynoski to have knee surgery
- Panthers ink deal with rookie Lotulelei
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) The Oakland Raiders waived linebacker Aaron Curry two weeks after activating him to the 53-man roster.
The team announced the move Tuesday.
Curry played two games after being activated from the physically unable to perform list. He committed two personal fouls in his first game and was only on the field for three defensive and five special teams snaps last week against New Orleans.
Curry, the fourth overall pick by Seattle in 2009, was acquired in a midseason trade last year for a seventh-round pick in 2012 and a conditional fifth-rounder in 2013.
Updated November 20, 2012