|National Football League|
C Wells joins Rams, wanted to play for Fisher
- Bay Area picked to host 50th Super Bowl
- Raiders bring back DB Woodson for 1 year
- Romo has cyst removed, to miss workouts
- Gronkowski done with forearm surgeries
- LT Starks, Chargers agree to 1-year deal
By R.B. FALLSTROM
ST. LOUIS (AP) When Jeff Fisher took the Tennessee Titans to the Super Bowl in 1999, Scott Wells was a Nashville high school player.
Wells was a Fisher fan then, and during eight NFL seasons the respect has grown. The new Rams coach was a big enough draw in free agency that the Pro Bowl center left the Green Bay Packers to join the rebuilding effort in St. Louis.
During a conference call Monday, the 31-year-old Wells several times cited his respect and belief in Fisher. Wells has signed a four-year contract for a reported $24 million with $13 million guaranteed.
Updated March 19, 2012