Cal incoming LB Fatilua suffers serious spinal cord injury
- Grier explains '15 ban at Senior Bowl
- Deion Sanders' son commits to Gamecocks
- Minshew aims to state NFL case in Mobile
- S. Carolina adds ex-NFL asst. to staff
- New Sooners DC says turnaround underway
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) California incoming freshman linebacker Chris Fatilua has suffered a serious spinal cord injury.
Fatilua's family issued a statement through the school on Tuesday. The family says the injury stemmed from an accident Monday afternoon in San Diego and that Fatilua's long-term prognosis is unknown.
The family says its appreciative of the support and asks for privacy to focus on recovery.
Cal coach Justin Wilcox says the school will support Fatilua in "every way possible" now and when he is able to come to Berkeley.
Fatilua was set to join the program this summer.
More AP college football: collegefootball.ap.org and twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated June 13, 2018