No ligament damage for Cal QB Zach Maynard
- NCAA to talk to Miami's Dye over probe
- Indecency trial set for Nebraska DE Moss
- 9-game schedule next potential SEC tweak
- Elon joining CAA in latest expansion
- Kansas lands Miami of Ohio WR Harwell
BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) California quarterback Zach Maynard has no ligament damage in his injured left knee and his status for this week's game against No. 2 Oregon remains in doubt.
Coach Jeff Tedford said Sunday that an MRI on Maynard was negative and he would be day to day this week. The Bears (3-7, 2-5 Pac-12) host the Ducks on Saturday in their final home game of the season.
Maynard left Friday night's 21-13 loss to Washington in the fourth quarter with the injury. The loss assured that the Bears would miss a bowl game for the second time in three seasons.
Maynard has thrown for 2,214 yards and 12 touchdowns this season.
Updated November 4, 2012