ACC Tournament to return to DC, Brooklyn in 2021, '22
- Furman stuns No. 8 Villanova 76-68 in OT
- Michigan routs GW in Tip-Off semifinal
- No. 24 Marquette rallies by Presbyterian
- Friars beat S. Carolina in Tip-Off semi
- 'Nova aims to bounce back vs. 4-0 Furman
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) The Atlantic Coast Conference men's basketball tournament is heading back to Washington and to New York.
Commissioner John Swofford said Thursday that the tournament will be played in Washington in 2021 and in Brooklyn in 2022.
The league previously announced the tournament locations for this season (Charlotte, North Carolina) and in 2020 (Greensboro).
Swofford says the locations are "tremendously meaningful to the ACC, our players, coaches, alumni and fans."
The ACC held its tournament in Washington in 2005 and in 2016, and earlier this year wrapped up a two-year run at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
More AP college basketball: https://apnews.com/tag/Collegebasketball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated September 6, 2018