UCF coach Johnny Dawkins gets 1-year contract extension
- NCAA rules Arizona's Trier ineligible
- Duke C Bolden to play after nose surgery
- Seton Hall tops Friars in resumed game
- Pitino: Louisville should take on NCAA
- Virginia secures top seed in ACC tourney
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) UCF has extended the contract of basketball coach Johnny Dawkins after a successful first season.
The school announced Thursday that Dawkins' current six-year contract has been extended by a year through 2023. The extension will add $1.5 million onto his current deal.
Last year, Dawkins guided the Knights to a 24-12 record and an appearance in the NIT Final Four. UCF doubled its win total from the previous year, the sixth biggest turnaround in NCAA Division I basketball last season.
Dawkins is a former Duke All-American who joined the Knights in 2016 after being fired at Stanford. His current contract pays him $1.1 million before incentives.
Updated August 10, 2017