Seattle shoots over 60 percent in win over UTRGV
- FGCU G Johnson to transfer to Miami
- Kansas State G Patrick opts to transfer
- Crean adds Joe Scott to Georgia staff
- Seton Hall names Skinn assistant coach
- Vols AD Fulmer's new deal worth $900K
EDINBURG, Texas (AP) Brendan Westendorf and Zack Moore each made three 3-pointers and scored 19 points and Seattle defeated Texas-Rio Grande Valley 86-77 on Saturday night.
The Redhawks (13-14, 5-7 Western Athletic Conference) shot 60.5 percent, made 11 of 22 from the arc and 23 of 26 free throws in breaking a three-game losing streak. Matej Kavas added 13 points and Manny Chibuogwu 12.
The Redhawks took the lead for good with nine minutes left in the first half and were up 39-33 at the break.
Seattle took a 16-point lead, 72-56, with 5:58 to go but the Vaqueros got within five with two minutes left. The Redhawks made all eight of their free throws from there, enough to keep the Vaqueros at bay.
Updated February 23, 2017