Southern California beats Washington State 72-68
- Terps begin final ACC slate with victory
- No. 1 Arizona shakes slow start in rout
- No. 4 Badgers match best start since '93
- Smith has 19 as No. 3 Ohio State rolls
- Irish upset at home by North Dakota St.
Wesley sparked the Trojans early with 13 first-half points, but it was Terrell who ignited the Trojans (10-13, 5-5 Pac 12) when they needed it most. Terrell scored all 12 of his points during a 10-minute stretch of the second half. His 3-pointer with 5:26 left put USC up 56-53, and the Trojans held the lead the rest of the way.
Washington State's Brock Motum, who began the night ranked third in the Pac-12 averaging 18.3 points per game, scored 15 points on 6-of-16 shooting. DaVonte Lacy led all scorers with 21 points and his backcourt mate Mike Ladd had 16 for the Cougars (11-12, 2-8).
Updated February 8, 2013