Burton nets 29, Nevada beats Washington 76-73
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
- WCC gives Zaninovich 3-year extension
By STEVE HUNTER
SEATTLE (AP) Deonte Burton scored 29 points and had a career-high six steals to help Nevada beat Washington 76-73 on Saturday night.
Burton scored Nevada's final nine points, including two 3-pointers to help hold off the Huskies, which had rallied from an 18-point second-half deficit to take a 61-60 lead. But Burton answered with a three-point play of his own and the Wolf Pack never trailed again.
Malik Story had 15 points and eight rebounds for Nevada (5-4). Devonte Elliott scored nine of his 11 points in the second half.
Nevada led 53-35 with 14:35 remaining before the Huskies used a 20-2 run to tie the game at 55 with 7:34 remaining.
Updated December 8, 2012